Some highlights from break:
- Hearing Michael (my husband) and his dad sing Elvis and Johnny Cash at a New Year’s Eve karaoke night in Long Island.
- Finding out that the same Michael got a scholarship for law school.
- Getting the news that, yes, the very same Michael also got into a program at the Hague this summer.
Caroling at the National Gallery of Art
- Finishing a major project related to my musical-in-process.
- Seeing Michael’s grandmother and aunt in Queens and then visiting two close friends in CT.
- Watching “Christmas Vacation” with my family on the back porch in Memphis over cigars and scotch.
- Celebrating Chanukah, along with receiving some beautiful and precious items from my mother’s side of the family.
(Lowlights include discovering that our dog ate the cover to our rental car’s emergency brake and…well, no that’s pretty much the big lowlight.)
Anyway, thank you for your encouragement and ideas over the last few weeks! I’m looking forward to another year of writing and hope you’ll come along for the ride.
There’s so much work to do, & yet somehow the world is also a wondrous place – may you find both beauty and justice all around you in 2012.